Being a Christian is more than just speaking out our love to God. It also means demonstrating God’s love to others. We all know that it is much easier to dislike someone than it is to love him or her. Having a grudge and resentment comes natural to us all. When we are bitter towards one another, it creates a poison. This ultimately affects our relationships with other individuals, but it surely blocks our vision as well. Keep note that, harboring bitterness towards your neighbor is a sin that lead to other sins.
If you struggle with loving others, you must learn to walk “in the light.” First John 2:6 says, “Those who say they live in God should live their lives as Jesus did.” Take a step back and view how you treat people in your life and compare those relationships with Jesus’ relationships in the Gospels.
- Jesus reached out to the unlovable (Luke 19:1-10).
- Jesus gifted a second chance to a friend who had let him down (John 18:25-27, John 21:15-19).
- Jesus was patient with those who questioned him (John 20::24-28).
- Jesus cared for the sick (Luke 5:12-16).
- Jesus even conversated with people whom others despised (John 4:4-42)
- Jesus wept with those who grieved (John 11:1-44).
Pray to God and ask for his help to love just as Jesus loved.